Labor Doula Services Explained In-Depth – $870 - $1200 / $200 non-refundable deposit
Accepting clients for March 2022.
(Many other doulas in the area charge $1000+ for their service, I operate on a sliding scale system. My minimum price for services is $870 which includes the deposit. If you feel my services were super great and are financially able to pay more than $870, that's great! If you feel my services were super great and are NOT financially able to pay more than $870, that's okay! People pay what they can and what they feel comfortable giving. There is no difference in any of the services you will receive.)
Unlimited phone/text/email support from the moment you hire me. “Trust is the glue that binds people together.” I do many visits for my fee, more than most doulas in the area, because I want you and your partner to feel 100% comfortable with me. I want you and your partner to know that without a doubt I am there only to support your birth plan and postpartum period.
Of course, plans change, and things need to be readjusted but I will give you all the possibilities, good and bad so you can make informed decisions while pregnant, in labor, and postpartum. I have three children of my own and will give you “mom advice” as well as “book advice” but only when asked. I am there to help create a memory you can treasure forever and provide you with support that you can access for a lifetime.
Services include but are not limed to the following:
Four (4) Pre baby visits
· talking to get to know each other and your expectations for postpartum help
· labor and delivery pain relief techniques, hands on techniques at every visit, pushing positions, demonstration of how to properly "put your feet up", massage techniques to help reduce swelling, "stomp-stomp-squat", why bouncy balls and tennis balls are your friends, and many other topics
· what to expect in labor and delivery
· how to pick a pediatrician because you have options while pregnant beyond "pediatrician on call"
· baby wearing class with samples to actually try on with weighted baby
· childbirth topics centered on what YOU want to know most
· suggestions for how to get “baby free” quality time with yourself or significant other
· how to decide between baby needs/wants
· TENS unit to borrow
· Exercise ball to borrow
Six (6) post-delivery visits
· breastfeeding help at home
· nursing pillow loaner program ( I bring several styles of nursing pillow at each visit so you can make an informed decision before you spend your hard earned money to buy one)
· help with new baby
· how to survive sleep deprivation
· "happiest baby on the block" techniques
· formula feeding and how to not overfeed your baby
· swaddling class
· 2 overnight nanny help sessions
· baby wearing class with your real baby
· baby and new parent questions answered
· a sympathetic ear and shoulder to cry on